The application process for the 2020 Canadian Summer School in Germany is now open. You and your students can access all necessary information on the website:
Please announce the CSSG in all of your language and culture classes. Posters (in English, French, and Chinese) are attached to this email. Please print and circulate to each student. (Posters and brochures have also been mailed to your department / program chair or contact person).
Please read the attached letter to instructors since we have many exciting things to tell you! And by all means use the attached PDF slides at any study abroad day that you organize.
We offer seven courses:
- First-year (second-semester) immersion German language and intercultural studies (A2)
- Second-year immersion German language (B1)
- Third-year immersion German language (B2)
- Fourth-year immersion German language (C1)
- German immersion Community Service Learning (for previous CSSG students only)
- German intercultural Community Service Learning (B2 and up)
- Teaching and Learning German (for graduate student TAs, B.Ed. students, & in-service teachers).
The CSSG is an outstanding program and we have been able to keep costs relatively steady. They might seem like a lot, but students receive a lot for their investment: included are a one-year-equivalent course, all accommodation and half-board in Germany for 7 weeks, local ground transportation, excursions, and a cultural program!
Please note that there is NO INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DIFFERENTIAL for this program!
Please encourage your students to apply. Graduates of the CSSG bring much experience and knowledge back into our programs in Canada and help to keep them vibrant places for all students to learn.
If you or your students have any questions, please contact me at <email@example.com>.
Dr. John L. Plews
Director, Canadian Summer School in Germany